Running a LAN Event requires a lot of give and take by both the organisers and the participants. So to help the situation along we have devised a "Participants' Agreement" which we hope will help things to run smoothly. It sets out what we will do as organisers to make the event work, and what we need from you to help it to happen.Before the event ?
During the event ?
- We will ask through a voting system what games you want to play, we will refine that choice to a small number which we will concentrate of for the time that the LAN Event is running. Help us by voting for your games, by accepting that not all the games you chose will be played, and please participate in the chosen selection as much as possible.
- We will publish a timetable showing when the games will be played.
- Pizza orders will be opened 5 days before the next Event, please ensure your orders are in as we will not take late orders.
- Please ensure that your steam is up to date before pack down as this will save you a lot of hassle at the event, there is an event only file server which hosts the latest game patches & demos but please try to install and patch before pack down.
After the event ?
- We will run 'big games' of the selected games, we will endeavor to run them to the advertised timetable, and we will announce them in good time. Help us by joining in when the games are announced.
- We will endeavor to provide you with the fastest network at our disposal. The internet connection is vital for the authentication of many games, please use it with the consideration of others in mind. If you need a game patch, chances are someone already has it, please contact the staff. We can always host the files on our event FTP server if required.
- We will actively encourage and advertise the games.
We want to keep improving the events. Help us by giving us positive feedback, what worked, what didn't, and most importantly what can we do to improve the situation.